Multiple-choice Choose Single Answer Practice Test 3 – Read the text and answer the multiple-choice question by selecting the correct response. Only one response is correct.
You Might Also Be Interested In:
PTE Practice- Multiple-choice Choose Single Answer
9. Read the passage and answer the following question.
10. Read the passage and answer the following question.
Though fun to watch, chimpanzees should not be kept as pets.
2. They are dangerously stronger that any NFL lineman.
3. Adult chimps weigh only 100 to 160 pounds but have been measured pulling six to nine times their own weight—–with one hand.
4. Thus, to match the strength of an average chimp, a human being would have to be able to register a two-handed pull of about a ton it takes a very strong man to pull a quarter of that.
5. Combined with this strength is the fact that a chimp is capable of losing its temper —–for reasons known only to the chimp.
6. Chimps signal their feelings with subtle cues of behavior that aren’t apparent to most humans.
7. It is quite possible for a chimp to be on the verge of violence while its owner sits unaware or even unknowingly continuous to provoke.
8. Furthermore, it’s not wise to keep a cute young chimp and release it into the wild when it becomes dangerous.
9. Wild-raised chimps will routinely gang up on and kill those raised in captivity.
Ques 10. The main idea of this passage is that