PTE Reorder Paragraphs – In re-order paragraphs, you are required to arrange to restore the original order of the text. The sentences are placed in random order. Put them in such a way that they make sense.
This item type assesses reading skills. It requires test takers to be familiar with the organization and cohesion of academic texts and arrange text in a single correct order.
Don’t forget to read our article on ‘how to solve reorder paragraphs easily’.
PTE Reading – Reorder Paragraphs
1. Re-order / Rearrange the sentence in such a way that makes sense.[A]. Its business decisions are made on the timely and accurate flow of information. [B]. It has 1700 employees in 13 branches and representative offices across the Asia-Pacific region. [C]. For employees to maintain a competitive edge in a fast-moving field, they must have quick access to JP Morgan’s proprietary trade related data. [D]. JP Morgan’s is one of the largest banking institutions in the US and a premiere international trading firm.
SHOW ANSWER & EXPLANATION 2. Re-order / Rearrange the sentence in such a way that makes sense.
2. Re-order / Rearrange the sentence in such a way that makes sense.[A]. Over the years, I have had the opportunities to observe and understand the thought processes behind the ads that have been flooding both the print and the TV media.
SHOW ANSWER & EXPLANATION 3. Re-order / Rearrange the sentence in such a way that makes sense.
3. Re-order / Rearrange the sentence in such a way that makes sense.[A]. For days before it starts on a journey, a camel does nothing but eat and drink.
SHOW ANSWER & EXPLANATION 4. Re-order / Rearrange the sentence in such a way that makes sense.
4. Re-order / Rearrange the sentence in such a way that makes sense.[A]. It worried because all other foxes would mock at its lost tall. Hence it planned a trick.
SHOW ANSWER 5. Re-order / Rearrange the sentence in such a way that makes sense.
5. Re-order / Rearrange the sentence in such a way that makes sense.[A]. Since then, intelligence tests have been mostly used to separate dull children in school from average or bright children, so that special education can be provided to the dull.
EDACB. ‘E’ introduces the paragraph & ‘D’ talks about first intelligence test. ‘ED’ is a mandatory pair. ‘A’ further explains ‘D’. ‘CB’ also emerges as a pair. So correct answer is ‘EDACB’.[/sociallocker]
You Might Also Be Interested In
- PTE Reading – Multiple Choice Single Answer Questions
- PTE Reading – Multiple Choice Multiple Answers Questions
- PTE Reading – Fill In The Blanks Questions
To stay updated, like us on Facebook.
Very helpful. Many thanks
For questions 3,On what basis ,C came after D,what connector made this happen.I personally felt C should be in the end
C gives the explanation to the point discussed in D
the correct order for 5 is ECBDA
E introduces the concept/idea of intelligent and tests, C further elaborates on intelligent and tests, and B follows C
D talks about one such test and A follows/supports it.
I agree with you
[E]. Intelligence can be measured by tests.
[D]. Benet developed the first set of such tests in the early 1990s to find out which children in school needed special attention.
[C]. Intelligence is expressed as intelligence quotient, and tests developed to indicate what an average child of a certain age can do…What a five-year-old can answer, but a four-year-old cannot, for instance.
[B]. In other words, intelligence tests give us a norm for each age.
[A]. Since then, intelligence tests have been mostly used to separate dull children in school from average or bright children, so that special education can be provided to the dull.
Can you look at my answer..i think it’s considerable. how come the letter A is after D?letter D talks about which children needed special attention so my answer is C after D. how ever its a little bit confusing,and you didn’t explain why A is after D right. There must be a 1 or 2 correct answers here.
‘A’ says ‘Since then’, what point is it discussing.
many thanks .it,s good for practice
The technique to answer these questions is firstly, look for Independent sentence then look for connectors. Once, you start connecting one connector with other it be automatically solved.
I want to know one thing. If for example in re order paragraph (Question No. 3) the correct answer in DCAEB and i have done DAEBC then how many marks would i be given. As i have combined the pargraph D & AEB correctly while C was placed wrong. Would i be given credit for first correct placement D or D plus placement of 3 adjacent paragraphs AEB as well.
Appreciate if anyone could answer please.
You will get partial credit (for each correctly ordered, adjacent pair)
In Re-order marks depend upon number of right pairs like for third correct answer is DCAEB so there are 4 pairs DC, CA, AE,EB and your answer is DAEBC and right pairs are AE, EB so you will get 2 marks out of 4. Hope this makes sense.
1 marks only
You will get 2 marks for 2 correct pair.
2 marks because in reorder paragraph, marks are given on the basis of pairing but not the placement, so your AE & EB pairs are correct and rest are wrong.
you will get marks for pairs in reorder. so, you made 2 correct out of 4, you got 2/4
These all exercises are good for practise in pte test according to Author in 5th exercise may be good thinking.
Could you please put these Gmail,LinkedIn, tweeter’s icon at right side of the page.We are not able to see the texts at all, so doesn’t seems worth to visit your website
Thanks for the suggestion. I have made the changes.
Lots of thanks 🙂