Summarize Written Text In One Sentence – Read the passage below and summarize it using 1 sentence (between 5 and 75 words). Type your response in the box at the bottom of the screen. Your response will be judged on the quality of your writing and on how well your response presents the key points in the passage.
PTE Academic Writing – Summarize Written Text Practice Sample #31
PTE Academic Writing – Summarize Written Text Practice Sample #32
PTE Academic Writing – Summarize Written Text Practice Sample #33
PTE Writing – Summarize Written Text
- Read and summarize written text in your words #1
A malignant mesothelioma is a rare form of cancer that develops from the protective lining that covers many of the body’s internal organs, the mesothelium. It is usually caused by exposure to asbestos which is a set of six naturally occurring silicate minerals exploited commercially for their desirable physical properties.
Mesothelioma’s most common site is the pleura (outer lining of the lungs and internal chest wall), but it may also occur in the peritoneum (the lining of the abdominal cavity), the pericardium (a sac that surrounds the heart), or the tunica vaginalis (a sac that surrounds the testis).
Most people who develop mesothelioma have worked on jobs where they inhaled asbestos, or they have been exposed to asbestos dust and fiber in other ways. It has also been suggested that washing the clothes of a family member who worked with asbestos can put a person at risk for developing mesothelioma. Unlike lung cancer, there is no association between mesothelioma and smoking, but smoking greatly increases the risk of other asbestos-induced cancers.
The symptoms of mesothelioma include shortness of breath due to pleural effusion (fluid between the lung and the chest wall) or chest wall pain and general symptoms such as weight loss. The diagnosis may be suspected with chest X-ray and CT (X-ray computed tomography) scan and is confirmed with a biopsy (tissue sample) and microscopic examination. A thoracoscopy (inserting a tube with a camera into the chest) can be used to take biopsies. It allows the introduction of substances such as talc to obliterate the pleural space (called pleurodesis), which prevents more fluid from accumulating and pressing on the lung. Despite treatment with chemotherapy, radiation therapy or sometimes surgery, the disease carries a poor prognosis. Research about screening tests for the early detection of mesothelioma is ongoing.
RECOMMENDED: Summarize Written Text Practice Tests (50+)
- Read and summarize written text in your words #2
For those political analysts whose main interest remains class divisions in society biggest split these days is that between those who control and work with Information Technology (IT) and those we might still call Blue collar workers. The old divisions of class have become a lot more difficult to apply, if not completely outdated. There is no escaping the enormous impact of information technology in the late 20th and, even more, the early 21st centuries, both economically and socially.
During the scientific revolution of the 17th and 18th centuries, the spirit of experiment was in the air, and those involved were practical people working to practical ends – often on their own or with a small group of trusted friends. Secrecy was important as there was money to be made in new inventions. What interested them were results, not theories. Most modern technological advances, however, were developed as theories first, and then made reality by large team of scientists and experts in the field. What we have now is that more and more of this type of expertise is being used to analyse and find solutions to all kinds of business and social problems, thus creating – in the eyes of the political analysts mentioned above – a whole large new economic and social class.
Share your answer through comments.
To stay updated, like us on Facebook.
The malignant mesothelioma is a cancer of mesothelium of the body’s internal organs such as lungs, heart with the characteristic features of shortness of breathing, chest wall pain, weight loss which is common to those who are exposed to asbestos, and despite treatment and chemotherapy or radiation therapy, it has poor prognosis.
The expertise of modern technological advances is being used to find solutions for business and social problems, therefore some political analysts the divide the society between those who work with information technology and those who work as a blue color worker.
Process of Innovation and discovery has changed a lot since the 17-18th century when performing experiments in secrecy among a trusted group was important and beneficial whereas now days a theory is developed first and then a large team of scientists works towards changing it into reality which has led people to create a new form of division where society now consists of those who control work in IT and the Blue Collar workers.
Mesothelioma is a cancer that develops in the thin protective layer of inter organs like lungs, heart or testis due to absorption of asbestos, a mixture of 6 silicate minerals, which can be detected by a chest X-ray or CT scan and has symptoms like shortness of breath but does not have a very good prognosis once detected, hence motivating researcher’s to identify an early detection screening test.
Please review and score my content.
Mesothelioma , a kind of cancer which develops due to overexposure to asbestos causes various life-threatening symptoms and because of its poor prognosis, research for early detection of the disease is still ongoing.
It appears that you are missing a comma before the coordinating conjunction and in a compound sentence. Consider adding a comma.
Although there are technologies to diagnosis and treat mesothelioma, a cancerous disease caused by exposure to asbestos that affect internal body organs; study about screening tests for the early detection of this life-threatening disease is underway.
Mesothelioma, a rare form cancer that affects the linings of internal organs such as lungs, heart, abdomen wall and testis is caused due to the exposure to asbestos and has symptoms like shortness of breath, chest wall pain etc. is still very difficult to diagnose in the early stages even though there are methods such as X-Ray, CT scan and biopsy.
Author, please check.
Content, form & grammar – all seems in-line.
During 17th and 18th centuries, which is also known as the scientific revolotion era, scientist mainly focuses on results instead of theory and work in a small team, however, now they work on theories first, than finding a team of indispensable experts and work in a large group and political analysis, consider this as a new economy and class.
A malignant mesothelioma is a type of rare cancer and the main symptoms are shortness of breath, chest pain or weight loss, which caused by inhaling asbestos or by exposing to asbestos dust or fiber in other ways, can be cured by indispensable chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
Although there are many ways to suspect and confirm Mesothelioma, a very rare type of cancer caused by an exposure to asbestos dust, the researchers for more advanced screening test that could help doctors in the detection of the disease at the early stage is still on-run.
Political analysts are interested in IT field which control or work with it as there is no escape in 21st century from huge impact of IT field, in which scientists in earlier centuries first focused to have solution without theory but most of the modern technologies have developed theory first and its various solutions are found by some experts.
Malignant mesothelioma is type of cancer which happens due to exposure to asbestos, a silicate mineral, at job directly or indirectly, which increases the risk if person is smoking; general symptoms are serious weight loss, short breathing, chest pain which can be diagnosis through biopsy and microscopy but, even though chemotherapy and modern techniques it has poor prognosis yet research on early detection of this cancer is going on.
1. Although, various treatments are available for malignant mesothelioma, a type of cancer induce by asbestos exposure, the test for early detection is yet to be found because of its poor prognosis.
2. Information technology has a great impact on class division in society in 21st century, where those who control and work with information technology have a high social and economic status as compare to those with blue collar jobs.
Mesothelioma,a rare cancer which affects mainly lungs and other internal organs of body,is caused by implicit or explicit contact to asbestos and can be diagnosed by various clinical methods such as X-ray, CT scan and biopsy but researchers are still struggling to find an early detection of this disease.
Proliferation of Information technology which is based on developing theoretical hypothesis to find solution to wide ranging problems ,in contrast to 17th and 18th century approach, where abstract science involved practical experimentation has created a class division between White collar and Blue Collar workers.
Research is underway for a rare form of cancer “malignant mesothelioma” which is hard to diagnosed and treated that affects vital organs of human body like heart, when come in contact with asbestos.
Mesothelioma an usual form of cancer most likely affect the people exposed to asbestos, the symptoms include difficulty in breathing and weight loss and its research on diagnosis is still ongoing.
Malignant Mesothelioma, a rare cancer attacks internal organs of the body of human mostly on jobs who are inhaling asbestos and research for the treatment is still on progress.
1) Mesothelima is a unique form of cancer that effects internal human body parts, this is mainly caused by inhaling asbestos or exposure towards dust and fiber, after various inspections and tests of this disease there are many treatments resulted in poor prognosis, however, researchers are now in the process to find a method of early detection.
2) Scientists in 17th and 18th century involved their experiments on air which maintained a confidentiality due to the monetary gains after their implementation from theories, however, they were not aware of the economic and social impact of Information Technology in 20th and 21st century so they needed more expertise to analyze and provide solutions to business and social problem.
The technological advancement in 20th and 21st centuries is the result of
the experimental phase of 17th and 18th centuries; moving the society from
theories to a realty world, for Political analysts to consider Information
Technology as the biggest contributor to resolve the new Socio-economic
Mesothelioma, a unique type of cancer, commonly causes by direct or in direct submission to commercially exploited silicate material known as asbestos, has no direct connection with smoking and it occurs mostly on pleura but may cause severe damages to other organs as well and despite of numerous treatment techniques early prognosis is still a question, therefore research for early diagnosis is still ongoing.
A rare form of cancer called mesothelioma, that occurs in protective lining of internal organs, is an after effect of direct or indirect asbestos exposure and symptoms like shortness of breath or chest wall pain can be diagnosed further with X-ray and CT to confirm the disease but still the treatment is not always successful and the research is ongoing to detect the disease at the early stage.
Despite known methods of medical treatment, Mesothelioma, an unusual type of cancer affecting the protective lining of the body’s internal organs and is usually acquired when the body has been exposed, whether inhalation or direct contact, to the silicate mineral called asbestos, can still be extremely fatal that is why research works about its early diagnosis is continuously being conducted.
1. A rare cancer type usually found in the lining of various organs especially lungs is called Mesothelioma which is caused by inhaling of asbestos and can be diagnosed with the combination of X-ray, CT scan and biopsy although the effectiveness of treatment is limited.
2. Class division today differs greatly from the traditional one because the technology development has impacted every area economically and socially, and the technology field functions in a completely new way.
1. Unlike lung cancer, a malignant mesothelioma is a rare form of cancer of lungs, shows symptoms like weight loss and shortness of breath, mainly caused by direct or indirect exposure to asbestos; however, research for early detection is ongoing.
The maligient mesesothelima is a rare form of cancer which affects the lungs and occur due to the asbestos dust and fibres where the basic symptom is weight loss and chest pain however research is is going on for early detection of cancer.
Earlier in 17th and 18th century the political leaders create problems based on socio economic classes, but now days experts find the solution to the kind of business social problems which are created b political analyst.
Earlier in 17 th and 18 th century results are important than theories whereas now theories are made first and researchers and scientists are working hard to achieve the theory and the same method is applied across all business.
A malignant mesothelioma is a rare form of cancer that is usually caused by exposure to asbestos either direct or indirect ways and early detection of this disease is ongoing .
A malignant mesothelioma is a rare form of cancer, which develops mainly in the protective lining of the internal organs and develop due to exposure to asbestos, ongoing research is going on for early detection of symptoms.
Although, information and technology are the greatest inventions of the 21st century but also responsible for class division and socio-economic solution of the society.
A malignant mesothelioma is a rare form of cancer, which develops mainly in the protective lining of the internal organs and develop due to exposure to asbestos, ongoing research is going on for early detection of symptoms.
1. Malignant mesothelioma mainly occurs in the protective lining of internal organs, which develops due to exposure to asbestos dust, considers being incurable disease and researchers are working on it for its early detection.
2. Information Technology has a tremendous impact on the society, both economically and socially, since late 20th century with its change of methodology by analyzing and finding out a solution to all kinds of problems which draws the eyes of political analysts.
Malignant mesothelioma is a form of cancer affecting human internal organs such as heart, lungs and abdomen. Researchers have found the cause of this disease as asbestos a naturally occurring material. People who inhale asbestos during their work or exposed to this harmful substance can develop mesothelioma over a period of time. This disease can be diagnosed with X-ray/CT scan, despite regularly available cancer treatment methods this disease is not curable hence there is ongoing research to find cure for this disease.
Only one sentence.
Mesothelioma is a rare cancer caused by inhaling asbestos, which affects the lungs and chest wall of the human body,though it can be detected through x-ray and CT but researchers are under ongoing process for early detection of this life threatening disease.
Information Technology and its innovations had a huge impact on our society in the late 20th and current 21st century. If we look at the history of scientific revolution, scientific results were considered important than scientific theories. However, this trend has changed in the 21st century wherein, Scientific theories plays an important role in major inventions there-by improving our social and economic status.
Malignant Mesothelioma is an incurable rare form of cancer that is caused by the exposure to asbestos which develop mostly in the protective lining that covers the body’s internal organs according to a research conducted by scientists .
Information technology had a tremendous impact on society, socially and economically, from late 20th century and according to political analyst, it had split the society with IT employees and Blue collar workers, and also these modern technological advances changed the method of analysis and finding solutions to all kinds of business and social problems.
Mesothelioma is a cancer that mostly develops at the protective lining of body’s internal organs – lungs, heart, abdomen etc., and it is mostly detected in the people who are exposed to asbestos in some or the other way who may suffer with breathing problems and though its diagnosis and treatment are poor, studies are being carried out for the early detection of the cancer.
Nowadays business and social problems are solved by Information technology, which uses modern technology and provides results to it and thus creating a class division among society by the political analyst.
In 17th and 18th century,more experiments were conducted
with small group of people but today the biggest split in the
society is between IT workers and blue collar workers as there
is an enormous impact of IT on the society
both economically and socially.
Symptoms of mesothelioma which is a rare form of cancer caused by
asbestos are shortfall of breath,chest wall pain and mainly
occurs in pleura but it can be diagnosed by a process called
in 17th and 18th century, scientific revolution brought experiments in the air and work was done practically for better results and now technology will help to sort out the business and social problems.
#2 Summary: (PTE Writing – Summarize Written Text Practice Sample 34)
The political analyst’s main interest was into division of the society between the people who work under Information Technology (IT) and Blue collar workers in 20th or 21st centuries as in 17th and 18th centuries the experiments were in air and those people who were involved in are practically working for practical ends and they were interested only in results not in theories; however, modern technological advances were developed theories first, and then find solutions to all kinds of business and social problems as mentioned by political analyst.
A malignant mesothelioma is a rare form of cancer caused by asbestos and most common site is pleura, peritoneum, the pericardiuam or tunica vaginalis and symptoms of meothelioma includes shortness of breath, chest wall pain and weighloss; evenafter treatment with chemotherapy or radiation therapy or sometimes surgery there is no improvement in the health condition and researchers say that the early detection of mesothelioma is still ongoing.
1) Cancer of the protective lining of the internal organs, mesothelioma is mainly caused by exposure to asbestos, due to inaccurate diagnosis it is difficult to make accurate prognosis of this disease but research for early detection of the disease is ongoing.
2) Technological advances during scientific revolutions by experts of their field has helped to analyse and provide solutions to various business and social problems, in turn attracting political analysts to create a division of the economic and social class in the early 21st century.
A rare form of cancer Malignment Mesothelioma being communicable from the person who inhale asbestos at workplaces causes breathing problems with weight loss is incurable today but medical researchers working.
mesothelima a rare kind of disease, cancer which has no link with smoking takes birth by working in abstract substances environment,till now the medical research are conducted for it.
The writer delineates the information about Malignant Mesothelioma which is a form of cancer and has sites such as pleura, peritoneum and the tunica vaginalis and the masses have inhaled asbestos which is an other form of it and its symptoms include pleural effusion that are suspected with X-ray an CT-scan but the researches are still going on.
A malignant mesothelioma is a rare form of cancer caused by exposure to asbestos which covers body’s internal organs with most common sites are pleura, peritoneum or the tunica vaginal with symptoms of shortness of breath, chest pain & weight loss and can be detected by chest X-Ray and CT scan but therapies to cure this disease completely is still unknown.
kindly provide ur feedback on the same.
Malignant mesothelioma, caused by asbestos and asbestos exposure, that develop mostly in the protective lining that covers the body’s internal organ is one of a rare form of cancer that despite research and different form of therapies has no known cure.
1. A malignant mesothelioma is a form of cancer generated by exposure to asbestos that can be detected by chest X-Ray and CT scan, which symptoms include shortness of breath and weight loss and it’s earlier diagnosis is being studied.
2. Nowadays were developed new technological advances promoting experiments to find new solutions either to business or to social problems, which generates a new economic and social class split between those who control and work with IT and those who are called Blue collar workers.
1. A malignant mesothelioma is a rare form of cancer, which caused by exposed to asbestos dust and fiber and also, it, has general cancer symptoms and shortness of breath but early detection of mesothelioma is in progress.
2. Nowadays most modern technological advances, developed theory first and then made certainty by large group of people like scientists and experts to bring the solution for all business and political issues.
1. Malignant mesothelioma is a rare form of cancer that develops from the protective lining that covers internal organs called, mesothelium, but this disease is commonly detected on the internal linings of the lungs, abdominal cavity, heart and testis through the use of chest x-rays, ct scans and is confirmed with biopsy and microscopic examination.
2. Modern technological breakthroughs differ from scientific revolution of the past because of its diversed approaches and interests, but the former is now famously used type of expertise by a group of scientists and experts to analyze and provide solutions to business and social dilemmas thus creating in the eye of the political analysts, a new division of society.